Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Kindergarten Challenge Met!

100% of the Kindergarten students know all the names and sounds of the letters!
Early Tuesday morning, the last of the kindergarten students demonstrated they knew all the names and sounds of the letters.  CONGRATULATIONS!!  Today we voted by secret ballot and we will be having an ice cream party on Monday!  Let the fun begin!



During November each student had a picture of a turkey with five feathers that represented personal goals for the month.  As each goal was met, the feather could be colored.  I also had a turkey with ten feathers.  Each time a student met all of his/her goals, I got to color a feather also.  Three students met all of their goals.  The rest of the students met 4 of the 5 goals.  This goal setting really helped us stay focused.

During December we will have a similar goal recording sheet.  Last month I set the personal goals for each student based on assessments administered.  This month I will have a conference with each student about November goals and together we will set the goals for December.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Mary, this is an AWESOME resource for your families. Way to go . . . you should be proud!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kerry! You are so sweet to check it out! You know I can talk about my class all day long, and now I don't have to be limited to the amount of pages I can print :-)

      Delete