Sunday, September 29, 2013

Leader in Me


Habit 1: Be Proactive is a meaty concept for kindergarten.  We have spent the first six weeks of school digging into the meaning and I believe students now understand ways they can be proactive.  Students came up with the following list:


I sit criss-cross applesauce. (Dyson)
I do something nice for someone. (Drew)
I am quiet when someone else is talking. (Adalyn)
I keep my hands to myself. (Alivia)
I help people. (Roan)
I share. (Thomas)
I choose my own weather. (Harry)*
I try new things. (Lilie)
I find my own fun. (Addison)
I'm in charge of me. (Kayla)

*No matter what the weather, I carry my own sunshine.


During October we will begin Habit 2: Begin with the end in mind.
We will begin our lessons with goals and objectives.  We will also begin keeping our own data binders to record skills we have and the growth we make.  This is supported by our Kindergarten Challenge of learning all the names and sounds of the letters by Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment